We encourage all of our children to wear school uniform. We believe it is practical, more economical, prevents competition in fashion wear and gives the children a sense of belonging. This policy is well supported by our parents. The uniform consists of:
- Royal blue sweatshirt, jumper or cardigan with or without school badge.
White shirt, blouse or polo shirt.
- Black or grey skirt, trousers, shorts or pinafore.
- Black school shoes or trainers (these must be plain black, no coloured stripes or markings).
- In summer girls are allowed to wear blue and white checked or striped dresses.
- Blue Dunston Hill school hoodie.
- Plain white t-shirt with or without school badge.
- Black shorts, leggings or tracksuit bottoms.
- Trainers (must be plain black, no coloured stripes or markings).
- On Forest School days they should wear old black or navy bottoms, a white polo t-shirt and their PE hoodie.
- Book bags are available to purchase from the School office for £4.00.
- The wearing of jewellery is prohibited for safety reasons apart from watches in Key Stage 2 only.
- Earrings or studs are not allowed at anytime.
- Extreme hair cuts (i.e. dyed, shaved, carved, patterned, logos or mohawk/mohican styles) are not permitted.
Order school uniform online
School Trends, our uniform supplier, enable parents to purchase school sweatshirts and other garments online.
Gateshead Uniform Donation Scheme
As part of our sustainability agenda we are part of the ‘Gateshead Uniform Donation’ scheme. There will be many parents who have children growing out of their uniforms quicker than they are able to wear them out. It is hoped that the scheme may be able to relieve the financial pressures for our community.
We are asking parents to donate any of the following uniform items which are in good condition (washed):
- Jumpers, cardigans, PE Kits, House T-Shirts, Fleeces and coats (with school logo).
- Grey skirts, dresses, pinafores, trousers.
- Blue summer dresses.
You may donate items to our school reception or directly to the ‘Gateshead Uniform Donation Scheme’, located at the Lobley Hill Community Centre.