The importance of good attendance and punctuality can not be over-emphasised. Our aim is a minimum of 97% attendance. School holidays in term time at Dunston Hill are not authorised. For the academic year 2021-22 our overall school attendance was 93.4% (national was TBC).
Attend and Achieve!
- If a school can improve attendance by 1%, they will see a 5-6% improvement in attainment (Department for Education).
- Please help us and your child by ensuring their attendance remains above 97%, allowing them to achieve their full potential.
Rewards in School
On a termly basis we award certificates for 100% attendance in our celebration assemblies.
What can I do as a parent to increase my child’s attendance?
- Phone us as soon as possible to tell us why your child is absent, and when you expect them to return. Putting the school number in your phone can save you time.
- Only grant days at home for genuine illness. (You will know!!)
- Avoid taking holidays in school time.
- Know routines of the school day to avoid issues, e.g. have they got their PE kit?